Friday, November 21, 2008

Couldn't be more right

While doing my blog snooping, I fell upon wish jar. The author is Keri Smith. She is an author/illustrator/guerilla artist. She has a post about why gardening is the same as a career in design. So true. The article deals about letting the natural progression of things take its course. For example, the point of interest of the article is a farmer that didn't use chemicals or fertilizers to grow his food. He just planted, watered, and tended. His farm yeilded the same amount of food that other farms that did use all these methods did. He called it, trying to control nature. I find that when I try to design something that will make a bang effect on someone else, I end up tired and frustrated, but when I just allow myself to design something that appeals to me, let it flow out of my heart and my minds eye, I love the results. So how about you? When you start a design, who do you have in mind?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i agree completely. it's when i'm comparing myself to other artists/designers and trying to make something that's great that everything comes out crap. and wish jar is one of my favorite blogs! keri smith is genius in my book.