Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm on a Quest

To quit my day job. I don't know how I'll do it, but I know I can. I loathe getting up and driving to my job everyday. If my employer decides the company needs a new direction, one I am not in agreement with, they'll just let me go. Just like that. If one of my four kids gets sick, I have to "ask permission" to stay home and care for him/her. I have to put up with someone else deciding my professional path instead of myself. I WANT TO WORK FOR ME. I know, easier said than done huh?!? But there must be a way. I have read countless stories of others that have torn up the time cards and gotten to work for themselves. It hasn't been easy, but they are making it happen. I've read each and everyone of them carefully, searching for that magic word that made it all happen. There is none. The one thing all the stories have in common is a desire, drive, passion to live their making and the fact that they actually stopped dreaming and started working. That's the key. START NOW. So, I hope you all will join me on my quest and will help me along the way. Any advice, resources, critiques will be so gratefully accepted and put to practice. Please help me. I can't take this anymore.....Princess Piluca on her quest to defeat the 9-5 dragon....dun dun dun...Tune in next time for the continuation of Princess Piluca on her quest to defeat the 9-5 dragon.

No comments: