Monday, December 8, 2008

Shes talking to me

So right after I finished the post down there, I head over to Etsy's blog and find Replica's Quit Your Day Job interview. One specific answer just solidified what I had just written...down there.

"If you could go back in time, what advice would you give yourself, knowing what you know now?
I would have done it sooner. My life feels legitimate now. I'm living as ME, every single day. I'm no longer waiting for the day when I can live my dream. Lucky for me, I didn't realize the possibilities until now, when I feel I can handle it. A few years ago I might have been too impulsive with everything.

My advice to my previous self would be to believe in yourself, and give yourself more credit. Insecurity slows you down while you wait for reassurance. Also, accept help when it is offered. I've lugged many a heavy box around because of my stubborn independence. And my advice to anyone else: you know if I'm talking to you, you know if you're supposed to do this, you dream about while you're awake and asleep. You don't need me to tell you to: just DO IT. "

I can't keep fighting myself because others will think I'm crazy or irresponsible. One of these days, it will be thirty years later, and I will look back and cry because I let others define me. DONT LET ANYONE ELSE DEFINE YOU. Define yourself. Be true to yourself. It is the only way to happiness.

No comments: